Create collaborative learning opportunities with the innovative SBM685 ST package
The SMART Board SBM680 UST Package is a powerful and innovative group of teaching tools which are easy to use and proven to enhance learning for students. This package is designed to be modular and integrated, mmaking it easy to create collaborative learning opportunities throughout your classroom. The package is composed of the SBM680 dual touch interactive whiteboard, the Hitachi CP-AX2505 ultra short-throw LCD projector, the Hitachi HASWM05 wall arm mount and a 25ft-HDMI cable.
SMART Board® M680 interactive whiteboard
The SMART Board® M680 interactive whiteboard features a durable interactive surface, two damage-resistant pens and SMART’s proprietary DViT® (Digital Vision Touch) technology. The SBM680 model supports dual touch, dual write and intuitive gestures, such as toss, rotate and zoom, available with multi-touch operating systems, such as Windows® 7 or Mac Snow Leopard.
A durable writing surface
The surface of the boards is hard coated, steel backed and optimized for projection. It is durable and compatible with dry erase markers. Unlike its predecessor, the M600 Series use Smart’s DViT technology to make the board multi-touch compatible with support for two-touch points. Simultaneously operate the board without any issues or worries as no electronics are in the surface.
SMART Board interactive whiteboard M600 series
The M600 series from Smart Technologies is the next generation of its widely successful 600 series interactive whiteboard. Available in the 77 inch M680 and the 87 inch M685, the M600 Smartboards provide a natural and flexible way work with content while offering ease of use and more functionality than ever.
Two students can instantly start working together without having to switch to a multi-user mode or work in confined areas of the surface. Switch naturally from collaborating to interacting with lesson content is simple and effective.
MAC / Windows compatible
Mac and Windows gesturing compatible, allowing you to take full advantage of the latest operating systems. Integrated response and user-friendly gestures to increase workflow.
Advanced multi-user pen tray
The M600 series boards no longer ship with the four colored pens with built-in auto detection. Now you get two (2) user-friendly pens with color select buttons built into the tray. Select a color, start your presentation and then move to another color rapidly. You no longer need to manage and switch between pens. Need to type something? Engage the right click option and on screen keyboard buttons to generate.
An ultra short throw LCD projector with a suite of advanced features
The Hitachi CP-AX2505 ultra short throw LCD projector is ideally suited for producing large images in limited spaces. With its unique Perfect Fit 2 system, it has been specifically designed to be used with interactive whiteboards (aka smartboards.) It provides vibrant image quality with cost-effective operation.
A suite of advanced features normally found only on higher end models includes 2 HDMI ports, High Dynamic Contrast Range (HDCR), and Hitachi’s original technology accentualizer that allows the projected image to appear more real by enhancing sharpness, gloss and shade. Along with its light weight and compact design, the CP-AX2505 offers Hitachi’s most appreciated installation feature, “Perfect Fit”, allowing time saving and ease of installation. As with all Hitachi projectors, you can expect vibrant image quality, cost-efficient operation, and long-lasting reliability.
In addition, Hitachi’s intelligent eco and saver modes with ImageCare combines optimal picture performance with energy savings for a lower total cost of ownership. For added peace of mind, Hitachi’s CP-AX2505 is also backed by a generous 3 year warranty and our world-class service and support programs.
Enhance the experience with Hitachi’s CP-AX2505
The CP-AX2505 ultra short throw LCD projector from Hitachi is specifically designed to enhance the visual experience — from the audience to presenters. It features a vivid colors, bold graphics and crisp text. The CP-AX2505 does it all in environments of all sizes. With 2,700 ANSI lumens of brightness and XGA 1024 x 768 resolution, the CP-AX2505 provides the perfect compatible solution. It also features a high contrast ratio, long lamp life, cloning function enabling you to copy settings data from one projector to others of the same model, and is wireless presentation ready. An embedded networking gives you the ability to manage and control multiple projectors over your LAN (scheduling of events, centralized reporting, image transfer, and email alerts). Best of all, the high performance CP-AX2505 is exceptionally reliable and offers a very low cost of ownership.
- Accentualizer - The Hitachi original technology makes pictures look more real by enhancing sharpness, gloss and shade to make pictures as clear as pictures on a flat-panel device. You can also adjust the effects by three levels according to your surroundings so that the colors of projected images are the actual colors of the objects they represent.
- HDCR (High Dynamic Contrast Range) - When average projectors are used in bright rooms, the darker colors of an image deteriorate and images become unclear. Using this function, blurred images caused by room lighting or outside light sources are corrected, and an effect similar to increasing contrast occurs. This results in clear images even in bright rooms.
- Cloning Function - Copy setting data from one projector to others of the same model via USB memory. Cloning not only saves almost all PJ settings such as gamma and keystone via USB memory, it saves countless hours in setup and installation.
- ImageCare Technology - The ImageCare is a lamp power control function that combines optimal picture performance with maximum energy savings by decreasing energy usage, improving contrast ratio and lengthening lamp life. The result is a lower total cost of ownership and decreased maintenance cost.
- Intelligent Eco and Saver Modes - It automatically changes the brightness of the lamp according to the brightness level of the screen. Also, automatically changes the brightness of the lamp if there is no change in the screen image. Using ImageCare technology, these features give optimal picture performance with maximum energy savings.
- Perfect Fit 2 - Enables the user to adjust individual corners and sides independent of one another. Perfect Fit 2 provides vertical and horizontal digital correction of either barrel or pin cushion distortions. This feature helps correct geometric and complicated distortions. Perfect Fit 2 allows the projected image to fit correctly to the screen quickly and easily.
- Projector Quick Connection App For Mobile Devices - Our iOS and Android applications offers projector control and also provides the capability to display photos, document files and web site contents. Available for iPad® , iPhone® and Android devices. Works over your LAN via your RJ-45 port or via an optional USBWL11N wireless adapter.
- Tabletop Presentation - Make any tabletop a projection screen using the optional tabletop stand. Ideal for a small group environment or in a room with limited space
A microphone can be used via the jack located on the input panel. Allows for more dynamic presentations even in standby mode.
Input Source Naming
The users can name input sources in simple language instead of factory default names.
Network Control, Maintenance and Security
An embedded networking gives you the ability to manage and control multiple projectors over your LAN. Features include scheduling of events, centralized reporting, image transfer and e-mail alerts for reactive and routine maintenance.
By using a USB memory stick or other storage device, you can use the projector without a computer. Menus are easy to see with a thumbnail display. Additionally there is also a slideshow and video function.
PIN Lock / MyScreen / MyText
The PIN lock protection can limit projector users. MyScreen PIN lock keeps captured images on the startup screen. Users can set any name logo to MyScreen, clearly identifying ownership. MyText provides the ability to write text on the startup screen such as model name, serial number or location.
The PJMessenger function allows you to send and display text messages and audio alerts on your networked projectors. It is an easy and efficient way to send announcements out to multiple units.
Present Content via LAN
The Hitachi’s suite of networking software allows you to easily send content directly from your PC to the projector via your LAN connection.
The line templates in the projector menu can help when writing on a whiteboard. There are four types of line templates to choose from.
Wireless Presentation Compatible
Connect the projector to a a computer or your network using the optional USB wireless adapter (part number USBWL11N). The adapter supports IEEE802.11b/g and the latest 11n.
High quality, ultra-durable construction and long-life reliability
The Hitachi HASWM05 wall arm mount is designed to mount a Hitachi LCD projector on a wall. It features a high quality, ultra-durable construction and a long-life reliability. The HASWM05 wall arm mount measures 10.8" x 12.4" x 18.6" to 31.6" with a throw distance of 4.1" - 16.1". This wall arm mount has a weight capacity up to 22.1 lbs.
Mount a Hitachi LCD projector on a wall
Mounting your Hitachi projector on the wall above your interactive board is the best way to install it. This give you the best performance and shadow reduction as well as getting the projector up and out of the way. Never again will you have to worry about someone touching the projector or walking into it.
We recommend a 9 foot ceiling so you have enough room above your board to mount the projector. It can work with 8 foot ceilings, but you'll need to hang the board a little lower on the wall.
Please see using an iPad (or Android tablet) with your Smartboard demo here: